"The choices we make change
the story of our life." ©

Monday, June 05, 2006

 

Sharen Watson - Guest Blogger This Week!

Day One of Seven - June 5, 2006
God Allows U-Turns

I suppose the first thing on my agenda is an introduction. I figure I owe you all as much since many of you have no clue as to who I am. Here’s a brief bio: My name is Sharen Watson. I’m married to my college sweetheart, Ray (25 years now), and we have three amazing children, Shawna (happily married to Hector), Stephen (college is halfway over) and Scot (what can you say about a 16-year-old?).

Let me take a look at my business card just to give you an indication of my “other” life. It reads like this: Sharen Watson, Author/Speaker/Editor; Founder, Words For The Journey Christian Writers Guild; Director, Rocky Mountain Region, along with the following Scripture on which this ministry is based… “because a friend of mine on a journey has come to me…” www.wordsforthejourney.org. Please take a moment to visit and then pop in and say hi. I would love to hear from you.

Here is a little bit of background on Words For The Journey… After much prayer and fasting for direction, the Lord opened the doors for the first meeting in September 2003 at WoodsEdge Community Church located in The Woodlands, Texas. After two years of leading the wonderful members of WFTJ group #1, Linda Kozar (WFTJ Co-founder) graciously and energetically swooped in as Director of the group when my husband, Ray, accepted a new job position that moved us out of state. The Lord continues to grow the Texas group, and I’m amazed by the ministry He has accomplished (and is accomplishing) in the hearts of those who attend. He is SO good!

August 2005 - Onward and upward…NORTH – to Highlands Ranch, Colorado. We packed up our home, our sixteen-year-old son, a super-spoiled Lhasa Apso, and to top it all off, our equally spoiled, Calico cat. We were quite the carload, barking, meowing, singing, snoring and whining our way to The Rocky Mountain State.

Normally, I’m a pretty patient traveler, but even I was groaning, “Are we there yet?” Eighteen hours later, we tumbled out of our Explorer grateful to be anywhere we could stretch out on a bed (even though the movers had only set them up, minus the freshly washed sheets and fluffy pillows). But no matter, a mattress was a mattress and the pillow-top desirable, covered or not.

This was the beginning of a new life adventure. As soon as the boxes were unpacked, Ray and I started exploring our new home. Colorado is majestic! There is simply no other way for me to describe this place. The mountains called out to us, and we answered by following our compass west. In less than an hour, we were smack dab in the middle of evergreens, aspens and magnificent peaks. Absolutely captivating!

Well, that’s what I have for today. I’m looking forward to our daily visits throughout the week. I have a lot to share with you, including my own testimony of U-Turns. Oh, God is SO good!

Blessings!
Sharen Watson
Allison