"The choices we make change
the story of our life." ©

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

 

I am Woman. Hear Me Roar?



Hello Again, I’m Nancy C Anderson and I’d like to tell you about another U-Turn Story in my life. When I married Ron in the summer of 1978, I thought we’d continue in our blissful, romantic mode. I was wrong. I turned into a nag-a-holic thinking complaining and criticizing would give me the control I wanted. Then, one morning, I had a U-turn moment:

Here is an excerpt from “I am Woman. Hear Me Roar?" This story begins on page 206 of
God Allows U-Turns for Women:

“I carefully spooned the vanilla nut de-cafe into to the pot, as I remembered the day I forgot the filter. The coffee was bitter and full of undrinkable grounds. I had to throw it away.
Then it dawned on me, the coffee, without filtering, is like my coarse and bitter speech.
I said, “Oh God, please install a filter between my brain and my mouth. Help me to choose my words carefully and speak in smooth and mellow tones. Thank you for teaching me the “Parable of the Coffee Filter.” I won’t forget it.”

Ron and I recently celebrated our twenty-eighth wedding anniversary and I’m happy to report that my “filter” is still in place—although it occasionally springs a leak. I’ve also expanded the filter principal beyond my marriage and I have found it amazingly useful when I speak to telemarketers, traffic cops, and teenagers.
__________________________________________________________________

Tomorrow, I'll tell you a story about my great-great-great-great Grandfather's Civil War letters
which are quoted in God Anwsers Prayers-Military Edition
Allison