"The choices we make change
the story of our life." ©

Sunday, June 11, 2006

 

My Final Thoughts for the Week


Day Seven of Seven
June 11, 2006

I can’t believe it’s the last day of my BLOG debut! I hope you have enjoyed my posts and that God has touched you in some way through them. I think the main point I want to leave you with, is this – God has a purpose for you. You just have to release all of your own goals and plans. I realize that is much easier said than done. Believe me, I struggled, battled really, to make my own way before the Lord had finally had it with me and just said, "Enough!"

This is the point where U-Turns occur, and that is the heart of Allison Bottke’s U-Turns ministry. Thank you, Allison!

He tells us in His Word that we have purpose in Him and His plans are good for us. Why in the world do we run around striving to find our own purpose? Here’s a Scripture I think speaks volumes…

"Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails."
Proverbs 19:21 (NIV)

If we live in Him and desire to follow after Him, He will see to it that His purpose prevails. No ifs, ands or buts. And from experience, I’d rather not fight against that purpose, because He tells us in His Word…

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)

Oh, my friends, some life experiences can be extremely difficult. I know. I’ve lived through many of them. Abuse, poverty, low self-esteem, single parent household (all of these, to name a few, are just a portion my childhood experience). And I’m telling you, if God can turn my life around, He can and will do the same for you. He is faithful!

Aside from the ministry of Words For The Journey Christian Writers Guild, the Lord has called me to women’s ministry. Speaking for women’s groups is a passion the Lord has given me. Ministering at retreats and other women’s events is a natural outflow of what the Lord has done in my life. I’m also writing a book series specific to relevant issues of women today. If He can work out the mess of my life’s past, He can work in anyone’s life. "Words For A Woman’s Journey" best captures what He desires to share from my heart to yours. And the same Scripture applies…

"because a friend of mine on a journey has come to me…"
Luke 11:6 (NIV)

I would love to hear from y’all to know who’s been keeping up with my guest appearance on Allison’s BLOG. As an incentive, for the first person that emails me with "God Allows U-Turns BLOG" in the email subject line, I will mail you a free copy of God Allows U-Turns for Women or God Allows U-Turns for Teens. Even though I only shared from my story in the women’s volume, I also have a story in the teen book. You can email me at IRite4Him@aol.com.

If you are looking for a speaker for your women’s event, I would love to talk more with you about speaking topics, etc… If you are interested in starting a branch of Words For The Journey Christian Writers Guild, I’d be happy to help you establish this ministry in your area. I’m also available to speak at Christian writing conferences. Just put your need into the subject line of your email.

Now Father, I ask You to bless those who are reading these words. If there is need for a U-Turn in any of their lives, I pray that You would pave the way so they can see the change of direction easily and follow it without complaint or restraint. Make plain the paths You have set before each one, Lord, and give them each the courage to follow them, step-by-step. In the Name of Your Son, our Savior, Jesus, we pray…AMEN.

Be blessed y’all!

Eternally His,
Sharen Watson
www.wordsforthejourney.org
Allison