"The choices we make change
the story of our life." ©

Saturday, June 10, 2006

 

Seasons of our Spirits

Day Six of Seven
June 10, 2006

Welcome back to my sixth day of BLOG-dom. This week has been a learning experience for me because, I have never been a BLOGGER. And since Allison is off gallivanting (Is it someplace fun?) once again, she left me in charge of posting. And I will figure out the whole "more than one picture" per BLOG difficulty I’ve been having. How did Heather do that? Oh yes…back to BLOGGING…There are a few BLOGS I read when I have the time, but unfortunately, time is a precious commodity around here. Of course, Allison’s BLOG is an exception. I’ve been enjoying each guest. Everyone has shared their own distinct messages and I’ve been encouraged by all of them. I pray that my U-Turn story to Words For The Journey has blessed you in its own unique way as well.

Today, I’m going to share something completely different, because I believe that our life’s seasons can be equated with U-Turns. One of the topics I especially enjoy speaking to women’s groups about are spiritual seasons, how they transition from one to the next, and what that looks like. Let’s see, to put you in the right frame of mind, I’ll include a photo of my new home, one of the outside photo that give me inspiration and feed the allegory I use to compare weather related seasons to the seasons of our lives.
God is God over the seasons of His Creation…

"And God said, ‘Let there be lights in the expanse of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark seasons and days and years’"

Genesis 1:14 (NIV)

And, I am so glad to know that He is God over the seasons of my spirit. I love what He says in His Word about the days of our lives, but one verse delights me each time I read or recall it.

"One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple."

Psalm 27:4 (NIV)

According to the previous Scripture in Genesis, God separated the days from the nights by setting the lights in the sky. And eventually those days turn to seasons, just like the days of our lives and our spirits.

Looking back over my previous postings, they indicate not only a U-Turn, but a change of season. There was no avoiding it, even with all of my DO and DO attitude. God took me from the busy days of summer (DO-ing time) to the uncomfortable transition of fall (Remember my longing to pick up the juggling balls that weren’t mine?), and then into winter. Oh winter… A time of solitude, stripping away and undercover growth. I surrendered to the winter, just like nature. As my physical body recovered with stillness, my spirit did the same. There is no other choice, really. When this season comes, life, for the most part, rests. Some of it even dies.

But then, with the melting of the snows and the warmth of the sun, life blossoms once again. The seed lying dormant (actually without life) bursts to the surface, and trees, stripped of unnecessary burdens of useless branches, strengthened in hidden moments under the frozen ground, burst into color once again. It is spring, glorious spring! And life is new again.

And the repetition of the cycle is all it is meant to be – a series of U-Turns. And the choices we make to cooperate with the One Who created us, the One Who loves us most, are a crucial part of our journey through the seasons of our spirit.

What season are you currently experiencing? Know that it is meant for your good. God made the seasons to serve His divine purpose and you, precious One are part of His divine plan.

God Bless Y’all! Enjoy the weekend! I’ll be back tomorrow with my final thoughts for the week. Again, thanks Allison, wherever you are, for allowing me to share my journey.

Until tomorrow…I am fully aware and amazed by…

…His Lavish Love for you and me,

Sharen Watson
www.wordsforthejourney.org
Allison