"The choices we make change
the story of our life." ©
Friday, November 24, 2006
Guest blogger: Amy Wallace
I sure hope you all had a fantastic Thanksgiving! We enjoyed a quiet family time at home and it was awesome. Since this week we're talking about the incredible U-turns ministry and how God changes lives, I thought I'd share my top 10 reasons I'm thankful that are taken from my U-Turns stories.
Amy's Top Ten Reasons for Giving Thanks
1) I'm thankful I can call God Daddy.
2) I'm thankful I have a family who loves me and who I adore and enjoy.
3) I'm thankful I can walk. (Did I mention I'm in a cast again after yet another foot surgery? Trust me, walking is a big thing to be thankful for! For more details, check out "For This Child" in God Answers Mom's Prayers)
4) I'm thankful for the gift of sight~ both to see the world God has made and for the spiritual gift of seeing deeper with discernment.
5) I'm thankful for heart healing.
6) I'm thankful that God says I'm beautiful.
He says you're beautiful too!
(Please check out God Allows U-Turns for Teens "If Only I Were Beautiful" to see why I know this is absolutely true.)
7) I'm thankful for little kids' prayers and that I get to hear them every day.
8) I'm thankful that my husband and I have careers where we use the gifts and talents God has given us for His glory.
9) I'm thankful for an inner circle of friends who love me anyway and always point me to Jesus.
10) I'm thankful for blogs. ;-) And I'm thankful for the ability to make online friends and enjoythe community offered here.
My prayer for you as we wrap up our week together on Allison's awesome blog tomorrow is that you will allow the Thanksgiving holiday to prepare your heart and open the door for a Christmas season filled with deep joy and a greater experience of God's smile over you.
Praising Him with you,