"The choices we make change
the story of our life." ©

Saturday, November 25, 2006

 

Thanks to you!

Guest blogger: Amy Wallace

It's been an amazing week here and I've enjoyed sharing with you all! Thanks for coming by and for visiting my websites.

To close out our time together, I wanted to expound on my first post about how I learned to be thankful for God's "No" because I saw first hand how the answer I received instead was truly for my good.

I really didn't like being in a cast, but I love that I kept my toddler out of the ER. (To learn more about this story, please check out God Answers Mom's Prayers and the story "For This Child.") I felt a bit like a hero and it's amazing how much I was able to accomplish on the computer sitting there for 10 hours a day just writing.

That was fun!

In six great weeks I wrote my first novel, which is coming out in April 2007. Ransomed Dreams is about a Crimes Against Children FBI agent and a mom looking for answers into her family's death. Their stories become entwined because of an attempt to kidnap a British ambassador's daughter.

From typing "THE END" for the first time I knew God had called me into this career ministry. In other words, God's "No" about protecting my physical health was because He had something better: an opportunity to follow Him into an exciting ride of life to learn that while obedience is sometimes painful, it's the best ever place to be.

If you'd like to hear more about my story, what God continues to teach me through both painful and enjoyable times, or learn more about my novels and non-fictions stories, please come visit me at Heart Chocolate, Defenders of Hope, or my blog the Peek-a-boo ICU. When you stop by, sign up for my newsletter and get registered to win an awesome gift pack of 23 top fiction books, a Starbucks gift card, Defenders of Hope merchandise, and Godiva chocolate. (Sound good? Come visit! ;-))

Here's my prayer for you as we close our time together on Allison's awesome blog:

Heavenly Daddy, I pray You’ll wrap Your strong and protective arms of love around each blog reader. I give thanks to You for Allison and these readers allowing me to be here at this time. Please open our eyes to see the amazing plan You have for each and every one of us. Guide us to walk with our hands in Yours and follow Your path through the valleys and mountaintops of obedience. Heal and cleanse our hearts and help us see You. You are God. You are good. And Your ways are so much higher than ours. Thanks for knowing and doing what’s best for us. Help us trust when understanding and acceptance are slow to come. Thanks for smiling over us no matter what. We love You. Amen.

Thanks again for joining me this week! May your holidays be filled with the goodness and grace of God!

Because of His grace,
Amy
Allison