"The choices we make change
the story of our life." ©

Monday, June 12, 2006

 

Dena Dyer - Next Guest Blogger!


Dear Readers:

A very special thank you to Sharen Watson for sharing her passion and purpose with us this past week. I was in Wheaton, Illinois at the Write-to-Publish Conference and will be posting an update on that fabulous conference soon.

But first, let me introduce you to our next Guest Blogger who begins her six days of postings tomorrow! Dena Dyer hails from Texas and I'm sure we'll be blessed by her insights this week.

In her own words...

As a busy mom, wife, author, and speaker, I adore my life—but there are days when I definitely want my own mommy! Thankfully, I have God, my mom, and a Christian counselor on speed dial. I’ve been married to my soul mate, Carey, for ten years. We have two boys (who are ALL boy), Jordan , 8, and Jackson, 2, and we live in Texas.

When I’m not desperately trying to find my keys or cell phone, I enjoy writing, reading, blogging, and cuddling with my three boys. My hobbies B.K.--before kids--included scrapbooking, watching old movies, and decorating. Now, my interests (obsessions?) are napping, eating, working out to work off what I eat, and playing Bunco with my girlfriends.

Essays I’ve written have appeared in over a dozen anthologies such as Simple Pleasures of Friendship (Conari), The Heart of a Mother (Bethany House), Humor for the Teacher’s Heart (Howard) and Divine Stories of the Yahweh Sisterhood (Legacy).

My book credits include Grace for the Race: Meditations for Busy Moms (Barbour), The Groovy Chicks’ Road Trip to Peace (Cook/Life Journey) and The Groovy Chicks’ Road Trip to Love (Cook/Life Journey), both with Laurie Barker Copeland.

Thank you, Dena, for being our next God Allows U-Turns Guest Blogger!

Have a blessed evening to all!
Allison